We are a network of individuals who believe that this is wrong and we demand that it should end now.
Instead, we call for action to achieve and perpetuate the following positive aims:
- Remember the full, true history of transatlantic slavery, colonialism and exploitation;
- Commemorate and mourn the people who suffered and died as a result of the slave trade, and recognise the coerced economic contribution that they made;
- Celebrate the people who courageously resisted slavery and fought for abolition and emancipation;
- Acknowledge and repair, as far as possible, the negative effects in the present day of historical slavery;
- Promote ideas of human dignity, equality and freedom.